THE SPIRIT CHANGES EVERYTHING
Acts 2 is the touchstone scripture for the Festival, Season, and experience of Pentecost. It was the experience of Pentecost, the wondrous inbreathing of God's Spirit, 50 days AFTER Easter, many days AFTER numerous experiences of Jesus' risen presence, that finally transformed their knowledge ABOUT Jesus, into a changed life, IN Jesus!
In this season, from mid-May through Advent (usually December), the church explores and opens to God's uplifting, democratic, universal, internal, and heartfelt presence. Join us! Join the Spirit!
FALL ACTIVITIES RESUME ...
SEPTEMBER 15 - Parents are invited to escort children to their activity center as they arrive, and make sure they are registered. The registration process ensures communication both ways that benefits your child!
SEPTEMBER 22 - Dr. Taylor's last Sunday leading worship, before he moves to the United Church in Meadowood. A covenant of parting and festival of sharing will follow!
Three celebrations of Rev. Gordon Taylor’s 25 years at FGUC are coming soon:
1. Thursday Sept 19:
- 10:30 a.m. - coffee and cake will be served at the Riverwood Square study group
- All present and former members are welcome to attend.
2. Sunday Sept 22:
- 11:30 a.m. - coffee party after worship at FGUC -
- Anyone still wishing to make a donation to the gift for Rev. Taylor, please do so this Sunday Sept 15th or at the church office by Wed. Sept. 18th.
- The gift will be presented at the coffee party on the 22nd.
3. Wednesday Sept 25:
- 6:30 p.m. - Dinner at the Holiday Inn south (Pembina and McGillivray) CHANGE OF VENUE
- Tickets $25 per person (cash bar at the dinner)
- Tickets on sale Sunday mornings at FGUC or during the week from the church office.
STAFF CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Leadership team is pleased to announce that the Reverend Peter Denton has been appointed as Ordained Supply for Fort Garry United Church as we proceed with our JNAC processes and the task of constructing our staff team for the future. Peter has a fine reputation and we look forward to his leadership and support!